Wednesday 08 Jun
Thank you for a great May Mission Month... what's next?
What a great month we have had across Australia with May Mission Month 2022!
It was great to personally visit every State during May and share with churches and leaders passionately committed to local and global mission. We’ve had very encouraging feedback to our 'Crossing the Street' theme and short film and we look forward to building on this local and global approach.
Let me say a very big thank you to all our partners who have engaged with us during May. We have celebrated our God at work in local neighbourhoods and in the places where our teams are joining Him on mission around the world. We also have affirmed the power of partnership.
As our new WA State Leader Graham Hill commented: "I was thrilled to see a deep passion and commitment to local and global mission as I travelled around West Australian Baptist churches during May Mission Month. I see dedicated communities of Baptist churches doing and supporting mission Christ's way – vulnerable, humble, and Gospel-focused, embodying the Good News in words and deeds.”
At Baptist Mission Australia we’re committed to helping churches embrace a local-global missional mindset. And there are some great opportunities to support what God is doing around the world.
We can only do what we do around the globe with the wonderful support of our partners and so thank you to all those who have financially and prayerfully invested in our compelling vision during May or who have an ongoing partnership commitment.
It’s not too late to join us as a financial partner and you can find out more here
. Your support will allow us to bring the hope of Jesus to people in ways that make sense to them and support them in establishing vibrant faith communities.
Flowing from a wonderful May Mission Month 2022, let me encourage you to consider some practical next steps:
- If you want to learn more about our changing world, global mission and your unique fit as a disciple of Jesus, then you could sign up for Exploring Mission
- If you are discerning a possible call to intercultural work we would love to connect with you. We can arrange for one of our team to meet and chat with you. To follow up email us at email@example.com
- If your church is exploring global mission engagement then our experienced team can connect with you – again contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want to make a long-term difference with your giving then consider supporting one of intercultural team members. Find out more here.
- If you would like to book a speaker from our team, we will look forward to the opportunity. Let us know through this form.
We value our partnerships across our Australian Baptist movement, so if we can assist in any way then please call our team on 1800 329 165.
As we serve in communities around the world, we have a strong desire to support churches in strengthening their commitment to local and global mission.
As Geoff Maddock, our VIC/TAS State Leader comments: "There's a growing sense in our churches that intercultural mission is the heartbeat of discipleship. Mission matters for our churches - across the world AND across our local streets. A passion for intercultural mission is a blessing for our Australian churches because it makes us better ‘over there’ as well as ‘right here’ in our own backyard."
That’s a passion that want to foster. It’s a passion you can stir up in your own church and across the globe as we partner together.
« Back to News
In a rapidly changing world, with the ongoing pandemic challenges and the financial pressures all faith-based organisations are facing, more than ever we need and value the generous support of our partners across the nation.
Grace and peace