Serving Opportunity: Board Member
Baptist Mission Australia is the international intercultural sending agency of Australian Baptist Churches and facilities the service of Australian Baptist women and men in embracing God’s gracious invitation to global mission.
Our vision is to see 'vibrant faith communities following Jesus in their own distinctive ways'. We pursue this vision through Spirit-led people and mission partners, humbly contextualising the good news of Jesus in every place. We serve in communities in Africa, Asia and Australia.
As part of a transition in our governance model and with recent retirements from our Board and Finance & Risk Committee, we are seeking to fill a number of vacancies. We are seeking expressions of interest from experienced and suitable people to serve on our Board and Finance & Risk Committee.
The Board of Baptist Mission Australia have identified the need to strengthen its Finance & Risk Committee (FRC) through the appointment of experienced financial professionals. The FRC is a sub-committee of the Board which meets quarterly (online) to provide oversight, advice and guidance on its frameworks, systems and controls.
Baptist Mission Australia’s national office is in Melbourne but its Board members may reside elsewhere. The Board meets quarterly (online and in person).
As a Board member of Baptist Mission Australia, you will:
- Contribute to the oversight and development of our vision, including our 2021-2025 Strategic Roadmap
- Provide governance and general oversight of the organisation
- Attend and actively participate in our quarterly Board meetings
- Provide encouragement and care to the staff leaders of our organisation
Skills and experience sought:
- NFP Board experience
- Experience in one or more of these areas: strategy, governance, quality and risk management, fundraising from major donors, legal expertise, financial management and organisational oversight
This is a voluntary role however travel expenses will be reimbursed.
For more information or to express your interest in this serving opportunity, please contact our Director of Central Services, Caryn Chan on email@example.com.