Baptist Mission Australia's 2021 – 2025 Strategic Roadmap
Baptist Mission Australia is the international intercultural sending agency of Australian Baptist churches and facilitates the service of Australian Baptists in Christ’s global mission.
This 2021 - 2025 Roadmap is a God-breathed document developed through conversation with hundreds of people across the Australian Baptist movement. We are excited to share it with you and serve together as partners in God's mission.
What We See:
Vibrant faith communities following Jesus in their own distinctive ways
Because nothing matters more than sharing God’s love for the world
Through Spirit-led people and mission partners, humbly contextualising the good news of Jesus in every place
Click here for a printable pdf of the Strategic Roadmap >>
As a mission community we’re committed to the following shared values.
We participate in God’s mission,
being prayerfully attentive to God’s leading.
We embrace lifelong learning,
practicing humility and curiosity while encouraging formation and growth.
We build healthy teams,
expressing a Biblical commitment to community.
We partner with others,
cultivating mutually beneficial, Kingdom-oriented relationships.
We foster innovation,
taking appropriate risks and encouraging creativity.
We stay the course,
nurturing long-term relationships
A strongly articulated missiology being lived out in strategic locations
- Sharpen our theology and narrative of mission
- Create measures to assess and communicate impact
- Identify future ministry locations
- Develop intercultural ministry platforms
- Support faith community identity formation and leadership development
More intercultural team members, including those from diverse backgrounds
Dynamic missional engagement across our Australian Baptist movement
- Develop tailored recruitment pathways
- Increase engagement with culturally diverse churches
- Increase diversity across the organisation
- Increase recruitment-focused communication
- Partner with state associations in intentional missional conversation and resourcing
- Pilot intercultural missional initiatives
- Listen to and articulate our collective stories as we engage with churches
Vibrant partnerships and renewed organisational capacity
- Expand strategic partnerships
- Cultivate organisational culture and implement structural change
- Build long-term financial sustainability