Postition Vacant: Finance & Risk Committee Member
Baptist Mission Australia is the international intercultural sending agency of Australian Baptist Churches and facilities the service of Australian Baptist in Christ’s global mission.
Our core objectives are to see vibrant faith communities following Jesus in their own distinctive ways through Spirit-led people and mission partners, humbly contextualising the good news of Jesus in every place.
The Board of Baptist Mission Australia have identified the need to strengthen its Finance & Risk Committee (FRC) through the appointment of experienced financial professionals. The FRC is a sub-committee of the Board which meets quarterly (online) to provide oversight, advice and guidance on its frameworks, systems and controls.
Baptist Mission Australia’s national office is in Melbourne but its committee members may reside elsewhere.
Skills and experience sought:
- Analyse financial information and identify areas of concern and opportunity
- Review and contribute to the development of new policies and procedures
- Provide oversight and guidance to the organisation’s risk management framework and processes
- Internal audit functions
- Experience in the NFP sector
- Professional qualifications and/or knowledge and expertise such as accounting, legal, risk management, OH&S and auditing
This is a voluntary role however travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Applications can be sent to Caryn firstname.lastname@example.org